Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yoga Log: Namaste

Today is my very first day of practicing Yoga by myself while watching the Fit Channel on cable. I was so excited to try it out that I placed no thought onto acquiring a mat or moving the coffee table out of the way so that I could spread out.

My cat Moosa was asleep on the couch, covered by his favorite blanket since it's been raining here all morning. Moosa doesn't like to get involved in physical activity and neither do I, usually, but he was a social butterfly-cat watching me and meowing every time one of my bones cracked or my foot slid from position. I swear that my cat was laughing at me!

I got through the 30 minute routine huffing and puffing away but strangely enough felt really great afterward. My body is achy but whether psychological or not I feel stronger and proud of myself for trying and sticking to my very first New Year's Resolution to get fit.


Since I don't know much about Yoga I plan to start another routine tomorrow that is more basic and will teach me the positions as well as the position names. I found this On-Demand Yoga channel so I'm stoked to try it out. I am also in the market for a Yoga mat because if I'm going to do this I want to do it right.

I'm also planning to re-locate Moosa to another room so he wont laugh, I mean, meow at me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment