Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Traveling Ring

I drove about 100 miles this past Friday to attend a ceramic craft show in San Bernardino. I make this trip twice a year with my craft-sisters. The show was awesome and I came away with knowledge, new paints and brushes, a whole lot of projects and a very small blue ring.

I found a tiny little ring on the ladies bathroom sink. I can only assume that someone took it off while they washed their hands and then walked away without it. The ring is so small it doesn't even fit on my pinkie finger. I asked the tiny girl charging admissions at the door if it was hers and if she could place it in the lost and found but she didn't quite care for what I had to say. After keeping an eye out for either a small child or a very tiny woman with tiny fingers I pocketed the ring and took it home.

Starring at this little ring now I wonder about its history and story. I've decided that I will send this ring on a journey. My plan is to tie a little ribbon to the ring with a tag that explains its found origins and my blog address.

I will leave it on a random bathroom sink with the following directions:
if the ring fits and you like it, keep it and wear it in good fortune. If it does not fit or you don't like it then place it in another public place where it can be found easily. Then, leave me a comment on the blog about what you did and why.

The experiment will be to see how far the ring travels before someone makes it their own.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool idea. I'm really curious to see where it will end up.

    ReplyDelete