Sunday, June 28, 2009

Government RANT

I am not a political person. I do not enjoy debates, I don't care about who said what. I make my own decisions when it comes to believing what I see on TV and read on the net and newspapers. I vote. I follow the law minus an occasional "lead foot" moment and I respect other people's way of life even though I disagree with it. that said, here is why I'm so pissed at the government today.

I usually receive free birth control at my doctor's office. since they ran out of free samples I had to get a prescription and buy birth control this month around. there are 30 pills in a birth control round. 7 of these pills are water pills because they help signal to your body that it's time for that annoying friend to come by for a visit. technically, minus these 7 pills, there are now 23 pills in a round that a woman needs to take in order to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.

my pharmacy bill for this birth control came to $50! that means $50 a month for a year equals to $600 which translates to $1.66 a pill a day or $2.17 a pill a day if divided by the 23 pills actually needed and taken in a month.

my husband works hard to provide for our home, cars, cat, vacations, life in general and he also pays out of pocket a few hundred dollars a month for the both of us to have PPO health insurance which is supposed to be better than HMO insurance. we pay a high premium, yearly deductible and office co-pays plus 20% of what the insurance does not cover which believe me is a lot they don't cover.

I cannot afford $50 a month for birth control so my understanding of this is that the government would rather have a woman be on welfare and support her child for 18 years rather than give her free birth control and save millions of dollars. where is the logic in that? can someone please explain this to me? seems to me like the health care system and the government have all this backwards. and then we wonder why the economy is failing?

No comments:

Post a Comment